Manager, Media Investment Management
Elsy is a New York based early stage company that develops proprietary technology and algorithms to deliver data-driven media planning, resulting in greater media ROI and improved operating efficiency. We are a fast growing company at the forefront of the application of Artificial Intelligence to reinvent media planning for the 21st century.
Through our proprietary Knowledge Base and algorithmic media planning technology, we help leading agencies and advertisers achieve greater returns on their entire portfolio of Media Investments across traditional, social, digital and programmatic channels.
Our team consists of highly driven professionals passionate about everything media, analytics and technology. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, innovation, speed and curiosity.
As a Manager in our Media Investment Management team, you will be responsible for the delivery of data-optimized media plans and strategies by leveraging Elsy’s proprietary data, technology and algorithms. You will contribute to each key phase in the deployment of Elsy’s platform to ensure client success.
You will also contribute to the ongoing maintenance and expansion of Elsy’s Knowledge Base. The Knowledge Base is a comprehensive and integrated data repository of media investment vehicles, media properties, audiences and platforms.
This role provides a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth of a highly innovative company and to the development of next generation, algorithmic solutions in a rapidly changing industry.
- Facilitate client workshops and communications
- Participate in Discovery Workshops to collect data and insights regarding their media strategy, audience architecture, measurement plan and content strategy
- Organize meetings, document and distribute action points
- Document and issue data requests
- Help design client implementations
- Understand the business and marketing goals of end clients
- Query syndicated data sources (e.g. comScore, Nielsen, GfK MRI) to report on client-specific audiences and run ad hoc research requests
- Define key brand characteristics in standardized Elsy templates
- Produce analyses of client industry and profile target audiences and geographic locations
- Define and document optimized Elsy implementation design to meet client objectives
- Help define Media Strategy and develop data-optimized Media Plans
- Produce data-driven media investment recommendations using Elsy algorithms
- Use Elsy Knowledge Base to validate and substantiate media investment recommendations
- Analyze media plans and alternative scenarios for alignment with overall media strategy
- QA media plans for data accuracy and business sense
- Summarize key plan recommendations in clear and insightful client workshops
- Document key learnings from client engagements
- Coordinate with activation / buying teams
- Communicate with agency activation teams (e.g. Digital Investment, Digital AdOps, TV, Print, OOH) to ensure alignment in media investments and delivery
- Monitor Plan Performance
- Use advertising platforms to monitor performance of campaigns in market
- Help adapt media plans to drive improvements if needed
- Feedback media plan performance to Elsy product team to help improve algorithms
- Help maintain Elsy Knowledge Base
- Research news, data and benchmarks about media investment vehicles covering programmatic, social, digital, and traditional channels, and add to Knowledge Base
- Contribute to Product Development
- Provide user feedback and help test new features
- Provide User Support
- Assist in training and support of platform users including client planning teams
- Help hire, train and mentor a best-in-class team of Media Investment Managers
- 3-5 years of cross-channel media planning experience across a wide range of media channels such as traditional, social, digital and programmatic media
- Familiarity with digital platforms such as Facebook Ads Manager, Twitter Ads Manager, Google DCM, Google AdWords, Demand Side Platforms and Data Management Platforms
- Proficiency with syndicated research tools such as e.g. comScore, Nielsen, and GfK MRI
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel (including vLookup and pivot tables), PowerPoint and Word
- Interest in leveraging automation and technology to produce media plans
- Strong aspiration for growth and natural preference to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and QA-focused with an interest in repeatable processes and automation
- Project management skills: demonstrated track record of managing multiple projects on deadline
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Experience in marketing analytics such as multi-touch attribution or marketing-mix modeling/econometrics, or other types of market research
- Familiarity with Tableau or similar data visualization tool
- Certification from publishers such as Facebook, Google, various bid management platforms (e.g. Kenshoo or Marin for Search), DSPs, etc.
To apply for one of these roles please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.