Manager, Media Investment Analytics
Elsy is a New York based early stage company that develops proprietary technology and algorithms to deliver data-driven media planning, resulting in greater media ROI and improved operating efficiency. We are a fast growing company at the forefront of the application of Artificial Intelligence to reinvent media planning for the 21st century.
Through our proprietary Knowledge Base and algorithmic media planning technology, we help leading agencies and advertisers achieve greater returns on their entire portfolio of Media Investments across traditional, social, digital and programmatic channels.
Our team consists of highly driven professionals passionate about everything media, analytics and technology. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, innovation, speed and curiosity.
As a Manager in our Media Investment Analytics team, you will be responsible for the design, configuration, onboarding and calibration of Elsy’s platform for our agency and advertiser clients. You will contribute to each key phase in the deployment of Elsy’s platform to ensure client success.
You will also be a key member of Elsy’s Knowledge Base product team. The Knowledge Base is a comprehensive and integrated data repository of media investment vehicles, media properties, audiences and platforms. You will participate in the data management and maintenance of this Knowledge Base.
This role provides a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth of a highly innovative company and to the development of next generation, algorithmic solutions in a rapidly changing industry.
- Facilitate client workshops and communications
- Participate in Discovery Workshops with clients to collect data and insights regarding their media strategy, audience architecture, measurement plan and content strategy
- Organize meetings, document and distribute action points
- Issue data requests, collect and organize client data
- Design client implementations
- Produce analyses of client industry and profile target audiences and geographic locations
- Define and document optimized Elsy implementation design to meet client objectives
- Configure client implementations
- Onboard client data in analyzable format
- Define key brand characteristics in standardized templates
- Analyze client attribution outputs (such as MMM, MTA attribution, brand-lift studies, mobile and panel-based measurements etc.) to calibrate Elsy planning algorithms
- Configure Elsy platform to meet specific client implementation design
- Support Media Investment Management teams in developing optimized Media Plans
- Help configure media briefs
- Produce data-driven media investment recommendations using Elsy algorithms
- Analyze media plans and alternative scenarios for alignment with overall media strategy
- QA media plans for data accuracy and business sense
- Summarize key plan recommendations in clear and insightful client workshops
- Support recommendations with data and analytics
- Document key learnings from client engagements
- Help manage Elsy Knowledge Base
- Research data and benchmarks about media investment vehicles covering programmatic, social, digital, and traditional channels, and add to Elsy Knowledge Base
- Help pull audience data from Planning APIs (e.g. Facebook, Google, Twitter, Snapchat etc.)
- Maintain syndicated data sources (e.g. comScore, Nielsen, GfK MRI etc.) and QA for accuracy
- Document requirements for addition of new third-party data sources
- Use and contribute to Elsy’s processes and code base
- Assist in Product Development
- Contribute to product development process by compiling user feedback and testing new planning algorithms / features
- Provide User Support
- Assist in training and support of platform users including client analytics and planning teams
- Help hire, train and mentor a best-in-class team of Media Investment Analysts
- 3-5 years of experience in a quantitative data-driven field, preferably in the media industry
- Experience in marketing analytics such as multi-touch attribution or marketing-mix modeling/econometrics, or other types of measurement techniques
- Fluency in the following tools:
- Microsoft Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, macros), PowerPoint and Word
- SQL Server or similar SQL-based database
- Python or similar scripting language
- Tableau or similar data visualization tool
- Knowledge of visual techniques for data analysis and presentation
- Strong aspiration for growth and natural preference to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Strong desire to develop new skills, and build scalable tools and processes
- Detail-oriented and QA-focused with an interest in repeatable processes and automation
- Project management skills: demonstrated track record of managing multiple projects on deadline
- Interest in media and advertising and leveraging automation and technology to produce media plans
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Media planning and / or buying experience (with a focus on digital / programmatic media)
- Experience working with offshore teams in a different time zone for data management
To apply for one of these roles please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.